MRI at iHeart is quick, harmless, and painless. You may have several iHeart experiences over time to check your heart health and wellness. We look forward to making your iHeart experience both comfortable and successful!
Many patients ask, “Once I arrive at iHeart, what is the procedure?” Here’s what will happen on the day of your iScan.
- Upon your arrival, you will be greeted with a warm smile at the front desk. We will confirm that you have completed the Registration Packet. We will ask you to take a few minutes to complete some additional paperwork and confirm the information we have about you and your medical history is correct.
- An iHeart representative will verify your insurance coverage, if applicable, before your appointment. Payment is due before services are performed.
- You will be escorted to a private, comfortable dressing room. Here, you will change out of your street clothes. You will wear a medical gown, and if you wish, a comfortable iHeart spa robe. A secure space will be provided for your belongings.
- If your physician has requested a sedative for you, please take it according to your doctor’s instructions. If contrast has been ordered, an IV line will be started.
- When it is time for your iScan, the technologist will escort you into the scanning room. You’ll recline on a bed that slides into the MRI scanner. Your iScan will be taken as you lie still.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) leads (small sensors) may be placed on your chest to help sync your iScan images with the timing of your heartbeat. It may be necessary to shave the area where leads will be placed. The leads will be removed after your iScan.
- If you did not take a sedative, you can leave immediately after the test has been completed with no side effects. If you did take a sedative, you will be monitored until the effects of the sedative have passed, and a friend or relative will need to drive you home.
Questions? Here are answers to many questions our first-time patients ask.