Dr. Carl Carter brings over 20 years of experience and leadership in design, development and transfer to production of RF electronics for medical science. He currently serves as Senior Scientist at Wang NMR Inc.
Dr. Carter served as Senior RF Probe Engineer at NMR Varian (now a division of Agilent Technologies), developing Nuclear Magnetic Resonance probes from planning to production. At Nalorac Corporation he managed the Bruker line of NMR antenna/detector probes.
His projects have included:
- Design, development and transfer to production of 500-900—MHz passive RF (MRI technology) 25K operating-temperature antenna/detectors.
- Managed design, development and transfer to production by subcontractor of low noise temperature (<25K) cryogenic preamps and T/R switches, 100-900 MHz.
- Electronic circuit/component development and qualification for cryogenic and vacuum applications.
- Design, development, and transfer to production of state-of-the-art 300-900 MHz Passive RF (MRI technology) antenna/detectors.
- Metal, plastic and ceramic material development and qualification for high voltage RF cryogenic and vacuum applications
- Materials development and qualification of high electrical conductivity and low magnetic susceptibility.
Dr. Carter holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Utah.